30 Jan Spicy Alaska Halibut wrap
Spicy Alaska Halibut wrap
- 96 1/2 lbs. Alaska Halibut fillets diced 1/2"
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers diced 1/4"
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle peppers chopped
- 1/4 cups red onion diced 1/4"
- 1/3 tsp. jalapeño pepper seeded, minced
- 3/4 cup green onion sliced 1/4"
- 1/2 cups tomatoes concasse 1/2"
- 1/2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 576 ea. 8" flour tortillas
- Season the halibut pieces with the salt, pepper and cumin.
- Heat a heavy large brazier pot with 1/2 the canola oil.
- Divide the halibut into small batches and sear quickly in the hot oil. Cool the seared halibut before mixing.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat the other half of the canola oil, until nearly smoking.
- Sauté the bell peppers, red onion, garlic, chipotles, poblanos, jalapeños, green onion and tomatoes in the oil very quickly. Add the cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Remove from the stove and cool. When both are cooled, mix the vegetables with the halibut.
- Heat each tortilla on the flat top until softened. (Do not crisp and only do a few at a time to prevent them becoming too brittle to handle).
- Place 4 oz. of the halibut mixture down the middle of the tortilla and roll up into a tight cylinder.
- Trim each end square and wrap each roll in platic wrap. Chill well.
- Remove the plastic wrap and affix with two toothpicks to keep from opening in the fryer.