30 Aug Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon tacos al pastor
Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon tacos al pastor
- 1 pound of fresh wild Alaskan sockeye salmon fillet
- 1/4 of a ripe pineapple
- 3 tablespoons achiote paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Lemons cut into quarters
- Cut salmon into rectangles about 2 cm wide by 6 cm long and set aside.
- In a blender, combine pineapple, achiote, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, garlic cloves, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Place the salmon pieces in a bowl, pour the shepherd's sauce over them and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the salmon pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Heat the corn tortillas on the griddle.
- Arrange salmon on a tortilla and garnish with pineapple, cilantro, and white onion.
- Serve with a lime wedge and hot sauce to taste.