29 Jan Civet of Alaska Wild Salmon with Wild Mushrooms and Spring Onion
Civet of Alaska Wild Salmon with Wild Mushrooms and Spring Onion
- 1600 g Supreme of King Wild Salmon
- 48 Baby Dutch onions
- 2240 g Mixed wild mushrooms chanterelle,shitake, horn of plenty
- 4 ml Sunflower oil
- 12 Whole garlic cloves
- 4 Bay leaf
- 500 ml Rich beef stock
- 800 ml Full-bodied red wine
- 200 g Butter
- Slice the wild salmon into 50 g escalopes and season.
- Blanch the onions, peel and make a confit in the oven at 120º.
- Clean the mushrooms in plenty of running water, quarter, blanch in boiling water, drain and make a confit in the same oil as the onions, seasoned with the bay leaf and garlic, for 30 minutes in the oven at 120º.
- Reduce the wine to a quarter, add the beef stock, bring to the boil and thicken with the butter. Cut this civet stock with the oil from the confit (2 parts stock – 1 part confit oil).
- Sear the salmon on the griddle, bring the sauce to the boil with the mushrooms and onions and nap the wild salmon once plated.