27 Jan Alaska Black Cod Marinated with Acacia Honey
Alaska Black Cod Marinated with Acacia Honey
- 36 Alaska Black Cod fillets approx. 7 oz. each
- 12 cups acacia honey
- 6 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
WILTED SPINACH OR PEA LEAVES
- 18 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 18 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 72 to 15 cups baby spinach stems removed, or pea leaves
- Nutmeg ground
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Black pepper ground, to taste
- In a pan, melt butter with garlic until butter turns golden brown. Add spinach and pinch of nutmeg, salt, and black pepper. Cook just until wilted.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, grapeseed oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Stir and place black cod fillets in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and black pepper. Place fillets on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven until they have a golden/dark-brown hue and are cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon wilted spinach or pea leaves equally between 6 plates, top with fillet and spoon some marinade over and around the fish.