27 Jan Alaska Black Cod San Sebastian
Alaska Black Cod San Sebastian
- 16 Alaska Black Cod fillets approx. 6 oz. each
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups Sofrito see recipe
- 1 and 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 cup chorizo medium diced
- 80 Littleneck clams
- 4 cup cooked white beans
- 8 tbsp. Butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh herbs i.e. chervil, lemon thyme, parsley (optional garnish)
- 16 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped
- 20 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbsp. Paprika
- 4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add paprika, cayenne, tomato paste.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Season fillets with salt and black pepper. Place 2 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet. Bring to medium/high heat and place black cod in skillet. Sear fish 1 minute on each side. Place skillet in a 400°F oven and roast for 7 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, over moderate heat, place chicken stock, chorizo, Sofrito, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add clams and continue to cook until clams open. Add white beans. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Divide Sofrito broth among 4 large serving bowls. Top with fillets and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs, i.e. chervil, lemon thyme, parsley.