27 Jan Alaska Black Cod with Ginger-Lime Sauce
Alaska Black Cod with Ginger-Lime Sauce
- 4 lb. Alaska Black Cod fillet skin-on, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber unpeeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 24 small cloves garlic uncut
- 4 cup Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce see recipe
- GINGER-LIME DIPPING SAUCE
- Makes about 1 cup
- 4 tsp. garlic chopped
- 8 to 3 Thai bird chiles or 1 serrano chile chopped
- 12 tbsp. Sugar
- 12 tbsp. ginger minced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 8 tbsp. lime juice
- 12 tbsp. Water
- Place the garlic, chiles, sugar and ginger in a mortar and pound into a paste. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the fish sauce, lime juice and water. Set aside 15 minutes before serving.
- Seed cucumber and cut into long, thin strips about the thickness of angel hair pasta. Add cucumber slices to Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook fillets until golden and just done, 2 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness. Halfway into the cooking, add whole garlic cloves and cook until soft. Remove fillets and garlic and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange fillet on serving plate. Scatter cooked garlic cloves on top. Remove cucumbers from Dipping
- Sauce and neatly place on fillet. Drizzle some sauce over top and serve the remainder on the side.