01 Feb Sockeye salmon dice with Maillard oil and Antequera foam
Sockeye salmon dice with Maillard oil and Antequera foam
For the Antequera foam:
- 1280 g ripe tomato
- clove of garlic
- 480 red pimento
- 320 g fine white breadcrumbs
- 8 dl extra virgin olive oil
- rice vinegar
For the Antequera fritter foam:
- Process the tomato with the garlic, pimento and fresh white breadcrumbs until forming a fine paste. Add a few drops of rice vinegar and emulsify with the virgin olive oil. Season with salt and strain.
- Put the mixture into the siphon and charge with two cartridges. Keep cold.
For the Maillard oil:
- Cook slices of wild salmon on a griddle over a gentle heat some without fat, so that everything that sticks to the pan can be separated. When well toasted and dry, remove and weigh the fish.
- Process the Maillard reagent with virgin Arbequino olive oil, 4 parts of oil to 1 of Maillard reagent, then leave to rest in a receptacle to precipitate so as to obtain clear oil but with all the flavour of the toasted salmon. Also add to the above mixture 1 part of well-toasted crust of bread. To strain it, use a superfine coffee sieve.
- Cut the wild salmon into dice with 1 cm sides.
- In the bottom of a glass put a little Maillard oil at 60ºC and put in the