29 Jan Alaska wild salmon tartare with pickles and champagne sorbet
Alaska wild salmon tartare with pickles and champagne sorbet
- 400 g smoked Alaska wild salmon Coho
- 400 g fresh Alaska wild salmon red variety (Sockeye
- 8 tablespoons gherkins
- 8 tablespoons capers
- ½ avocado
- 4 1 bunch chives
- ½ lime
- 4 dl virgin olive oil
- 16 cocktail onions
- 16 4 pickled chillies
- finely chopped parsley
- 4 bunch fresh parsley
- ½ litre champagne
- 160 g glucose
- Line a 4 cm stainless steel mould with a slice of smoked Alaska wild salmon and fill with the salmon, gherkins, avocado and capers, chopped and dressed with olive oil and the juice of half a lime.
- Cut a slice of gherkin and place on top a slice of cocktail onion, a slice of chilli and chopped parsley to form a mini-brochette.
- Scald the parsley and refresh in iced water, process when almost dry and strain.
- Dilute the glucose in the champagne and put through the sorbet machine; if you don’t have one, freeze and remove to beat every 20 minutes initially, and later more frequently, until completely frozen.
- Turn out the timbale, surround with the parsley purée, arrange the mini-brochettes on top and serve with a quenelle or ball of the champagne sorbet.