30 Jan Ikura on transparent salmon and vegetable cannelloni
Ikura on transparent salmon and vegetable cannelloni
- 800 g wild red sockeye salmon
- 16 wild asparagus
- 32 sheets rice paper
- 4 handful alfalfa sprouts
- 16 teaspoons ikura wild salmon roe
- 4 l vegetable stock
- 2-4 garlic sprouts
- 4 sprig thyme
- ½ fresh leek
- 4 carrot
- ½ red pepper
- Cut the salmon into small chunks. Dice all the vegetables (asparagus, carrot, pepper, leek and sprouts) and plunge into boiling water for a few minutes (they must remain al dente). Cool in a bowl of iced water and drain.
- Soak the sheets of rice paper in a bowl of just tepid water for 2 min. and then spread on a clean dry tea towel. Cut in half and arrange a little salmon and some vegetables on the end of each sheet. Then roll up, seal with water and trim off the ends. Put to one side.
- Add the chopped garlic sprouts and the sprig of thyme to the stock. Bring to the boil and drain. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve two cannelloni per plate. Decorate each with half a teaspoon of ikura and, just before bringing to the table, pour over the hot stock.