01 Feb Alaska Wild Salmon with tomato emulsion and fennel puree
Alaska Wild Salmon with tomato emulsion and fennel puree
For the main ingredient
- 1000 ml virgin Baena olive oil
- 50 fillets of Wild Salmon
For the fennel puree
- 3000 g butter
- 5000 g fennel
- 100 g coriander
- 1000 g carrot
For the emulsion
- 2000 ml 104 refined olive oil
- 100 g whole cayenne
- 10 kg red tomatoes
For the fennel puree:
- Blanch, clean and cut up the fennel and carrots.
- Bake in the oven, wrapped in aluminium foil with a little coriander and butter.
- Process finely and pass through a fine sieve.
For the tomato puree:
- Peel and deseed the tomato.
- Heat the oil and add the tomato and a little cayenne pepper, let it cook gently. Leave to cool.
- Process and pass through a fine sieve.
For the Wild Salmon:
- Take the fillets from the Wild Salmon.
- Cut into portions of 180 g.
For the gelatine:
- Blanch the fennel branches, refresh and liquefy.
- Jell the resulting liquid with agar-agar, on a plate, to a depth of 0.5 cm.
- Cut into 1.5 cm squares.
Finishing and presentation:
- Cook the Wild Salmon in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Lay a base of tomato puree, arrange the Wild Salmon on top and the fennel puree at the side with fennel sprigs.
- Finish with a ring of virgin olive oil around the whole.