24 Jan Sashimi of wild Alaska salmon with whole-roe mayonnaise and ponzu
Sashimi of wild Alaska salmon with whole-roe mayonnaise and ponzu
For the whole-egg mayonnaise
- ½ kilo Ikura
- ½ litre refined olive oil
- Yuzu juice
For the Ponzu sauce
- 4 dl Yuzu juice
- 4 dl soy sauce
- ½ dl mirin
- 80 g dashi-no-moto
- 20 cm kombu.
For the Ikura mayonnaise:
- Put the Ikura in a blender jug with the Yuzu juice, blend, and emulsify with the olive oil and then keep refrigerated.
For the Ponzu:
- Put the soy sauce, dashi-no-moto, mirin and kombu in a saucepan to boil and as soon as it reaches the boil remove the kombu and allow the liquid to cool. When completely cold, add the Yuzu juice and mix well.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips of 3 mm thick and arrange on a plate. Spoon the mayonnaise on top and decorate with some Ikura eggs. Place some puffs of fried tempura on the side.
- Drizzle a little Ponzu sauce at the bottom of the plate.