30 Jan Red Sockeye salmon sushi with Japanese rice and cantaloupe
Posted at 17:41h in Sockeye Salmon, Wild Alaskan Salmon 0 Comments
Red Sockeye salmon sushi with Japanese rice and cantaloupe
- 1600 g Alaskan wild red sockeye salmon
- 600 g Japanese rice
- 20 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon salt
- ½ cantaloupe
- soy sauce
- First, prepare the Japanese rice: wash the rice well under the tap until the water runs clear. Bring to a boil over a medium heat and then lower the heat as much as possible until done. Tip out onto a surface and spread with a wooden spoon to air and separate the grains.
- While this is happening, mix the vinegar with the sugar and salt. When the rice becomes tepid, add this mixture to it.
- Cut thin strips of salmon and make a square with them.
- Spread a spoonful of rice onto the salmon strips up to 1 cm from the edge and place a strip of cantaloupe in the middle.
- Then make into rolls and serve accompanied with soy sauce.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.